An online resource shop for busy classroom teachers that need STEM Challenges, Science Activities, Escape Rooms, Reading and Math Worksheets, and more!
It’s time to decorate that bulletin board again! Let’s try a science-related board this time! This set includes four templates to get your boards ready for those excited science students.
Read carefully to understand exactly what is included in this resource!
You will have:
• Four templates to spell science phrases using cute chunky fonts
• Illustrations to use with the boards
• Tips for finding or making extra items that are not included
• Ideas for extra tasks for students
• Photos of completed boards
• Letters in 2 sizes! The smaller size has many letters placed on each page to help save paper. The larger size has one letter on each page. The larger size can easily be reduced on your printer or copier and facilitates printing letters in different colors.
• Colorful borders on the photos are not included.
• Garlands shown in photos are not included.
• Honey-comb dimensional shapes and pom-poms shown in photos are not included.
This resource contains three files.
• File 1 includes illustrations of how each board could be set up, photos of completed boards, tips, and colorful illustrations to print and use. This file has a page count of 29.
• File 2 includes each science phrase using many letters on each page. The page count is 37, plus divider pages between each phrase.
• File 3 includes each science phrase using one letter on each page. The page count is 111, plus divider pages between each phrase. This page count is high because each page has one large letter. This will help you in increasing or decreasing the size and printing in different colors.
The Science phrases included are:
• Millions Saw the Apple Fall But Newton Asked Why
• Mistakes Are Proof You’re Trying
• Science is Like Magic But Real
• Weird Science
YOUR PREP: To use these templates, you will have to print the letters and cut them out to spell each phrase. The letters are not in color. The letters are black and white. This allows you to choose the color to match your decor or the border of your choice. I suggest using cardstock and laminating for reuse. Add the decorative illustrations and your own special touches (like borders, three-dimensional objects, garlands, student work, etc.). I have provided you with many ideas for the boards,including photos of my versions. Your final result will reflect your style and it will be spectacular!
NOTE: You may need to experiment with the sizes and reduce or enlarge the letters to fit your space. The completed boards shown in photos are a 3-foot square size using the smaller versions of the letters.
The total page count for this download is 100+.
After many years as a classroom teacher I made a big leap to a specialist's job. I became a STEM Lab Specialist in 2013 and quickly discovered I had no resources. I literally started from scratch creating my own lessons for 17 classes of third, fourth, and fifth graders. It was slightly overwhelming. Okay, a lot overwhelming! After several months of creating new STEM resources for my classes I really felt that my lessons could be a lifesaver for busy teachers - like you! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and store. Look around- I know you will find something that will suit your class perfectly!
"As always, with this resource you provided a comprehensive, user friendly, and truly awesome product! My students were beyond excited to try this challenge. Thank you for creating another slam dunk activity!"
Resource Creator & Teacher
Have you always known you were going to be a teacher? I sure have! I grew up in Germany and can still remember playing school with our neighbors that only spoke German. Somehow, kids can play even when they cannot understand each other. My dream to be a teacher continued right into high school and I really thought I would teach upper level math. But, you know, something about working in an elementary school just kept enticing me in that direction. I have taught third, fourth, and fifth grade and I'm now a STEM Specialist. I have two adult children and three fur babies. I love reading and cats and coffee and getting up early. My husband and I are slowly checking off visits to all the places on our bucket list. (Australia we are headed your way soon!)